When to visit London?
As an economic hub of England, London is a city that is always open for business throughout the year. However, you can expect skeleton service during huge holidays. As a traveller, you need to be aware that the weather in London can get extreme at times which is always a nightmare for traffickers. If your London trip is mainly for shopping, you may want to visit the city during the months of January and July to take advantage of the sales opportunities. With the Frieze Art Fair, the month of October has remained to be an unofficial art month. The post Christmas period up to late March has been identified to be the quietest. July and August are the busiest months.
Hotels in London
The city has some of the best hotels in the world ranging from luxury to budget friendly hotels. That basically means that anyone can visit the city and have a good time regardless of your budget.
A.) Luxury hotels
- The travellers who are looking to live large can make the most of the following hotels:
- The Savoy – After a £200 million facelift, this awesome hotel was opened for visitors to explore. The hotel is strategically located to give shoppers an opportunity to explore the Covent Garden. This was Marilyn Monroe's hotel in London.
- Charlotte Street Hotel – located north of Soho, the luxury hotel has over 52 rooms that include a loft and penthouse suites.
- Travellers looking to balance between budget and pleasure can take a look at these hotels:
- The Arosfa – a budget friendly hotel which was once used as the home of the Bloomsbury artist Everett Millais.
- The Rookery – characterised by open fires the medium range hotel is located in a quiet area in proximity to the Barbican.
(Photo by © Brandon Elijah Scott / Eye & Pen)
Article written by M Zahid R.