You are required to have a Visa when moving to Canada. In some cases, these can be difficult to get and if you have ever been convicted of a crime, lied to immigration or have severe financial troubles, almost impossible. But, Canadian Visas are fairly inexpensive and cost only around $100 to $150 CAD.
Most people don't realize how much 'stuff' they have until it comes time to box it all up. The packing process can get a little overwhelming. When it’s all said and done, you are stuck with ten heavy boxes and furniture in the middle of your living room that you now have to move from here to there. This is where reliable international movers Canada services come in. They will move your belongings for you at reasonable prices.
It's likely that those end tables made of particle board or that beat up hand-me-down futon are not worth a whole lot of money. Does it really make sense to spend money to move cheap items and furniture that have no sentimental value to them? If not, you might want to think about selling these items on classified sites like Kijiji or Craigslist and get a few hundred for them. You can always redecorate once you are in your new place.
Summing it Up
Here's a to-do list to follow before you enter Canada:
- Select an itinerary that best agrees with your budget and schedule and then get your tickets
- Know what you are able to bring to Canada and what you can't
- Bring your passport
- Bring your confirmation of permanent residence and Canadian Visa
- Visit the province/territory website where you plan on living and do some research on the government's provincial services and programs
- Make a list of everything you plan on bringing and a list of what will be arriving later
- Get a Canadian mailing address beforehand which will allow you to have your permanent resident card mailed to you, so you can show it to the immigration officer
Moving to Canada takes preparation; lots of it. You might want to rethink moving everything yourself. As mentioned above, reliable international movers Canada services might be the best option to take that part of moving out of your hands.
(Photo by pagedooley via Flickr)
Article written by Kashif