Whenever we are talking about optimization, we cannot take out the importance of analytics of quotation. Everything an expert does is preceded by detailed check and understanding of what’s now, in order to see what should be improved.
Structure check and improvement:
It’s essential for a website to have the necessary structuring to allow crawlers to index the page content. That’s exactly why the importance of coding is one of the top 5 in the ranking criteria guidelines. Otherwise, important ranking opportunities will be lost. In order to not to let this happen, analytics experts will first check the below data points:
- Checking for site errors: if a website has any errors then these will affect crawling too. There is an important tool for seeing the key errors, which you can try as well: this is called Google Search Console and once it’s connected to your website it would provide you with all the site and page related errors, including crawling issues that affect your rankings and the site’s user friendliness too.
- Page not found errors - otherwise known as 404 errors but the numbers may change depending on the page and site status ( original page was renamed, moved to another URL etc.)
- Duplicate content – if your pages have the same content that will confuse crawlers and they will most often leave without indexing any.
- Duplicate title tags – it’s essential for each page to have their own title for the same reasons as with the duplicate text.
- Missing title tags – if you have a page just lingering around without a title or a keyword, it needs to be fixed because it means a big and unworthy loophole within the site.
- Blocked crawling activity: if anything blocks crawlers it needs to be checked and fixed as soon as possible.
- The settings of Robot.txt on page level: this is a functionality not many ordinary users can get to see or set. That’s exactly why these need to be checked. Their settings literally work as traffic lights for the crawlers. While there are contents or sections on a page where no-followis highly advised to be set (comment pages for instance, to not let any spammy links come in the comment section), otherwise it’s advised to have all pages set as a do-follow.
If you want to make sure your site is structured the way it should be, contact an expert seo agency Kansas City today, to make sure your page traffic doesn’t get stopped by a coding error.
(Photo by saechang via Flickr)
Article written by Kashif