Ocean City, MD has a variety of tours of both wineries and breweries, and you might be so impressed that you make one of the ales or wines part of your stock at home. Today, we will be going over the best wineries and breweries to visit during your stay in Ocean City, MD. Let’s get started!
Best Wineries and Breweries to Visit
1. Backshore Brewing Company: A favorite of Ocean City, MD visitors the brewery is just right on the boardwalk and has a wide variety of beers and ales to choose from. They also have a sleek menu to choose from in case you feel hunger come over you. The Burdy Gurdy is said to give you the gift of courage from the locals, of course that might be because it has a 6.7% alcohol content. Other notable drinks include the Boardwalk Blonde, and the Magical Mystery Pour. You can find out more information by visiting their website.
2. Costa Ventosa Winery and Vineyard: This winery and microbrewery has nine wines and five microbrews available for sampling and cost $5 per person for either the nine different wines or the five different microbrews. This is very close to Ocean Beach, MD, and you will be pleasantly surprised at some of the tasteful wines and beers available. You might be inclined to purchase a few bottles or even a case to take home with you. You can find out more information on their website.
3. Toast Our Coast: This is perfect if you want to have a package deal to go and view multiple wineries and breweries that are around the area. They have an extended map and four tours available with shuttles taking you to these locations. The four tours are:
- Castle in the Sand Hotel
- Grand Hotel
- Wilds of Worcester – Wine and Ale Trail by the Harrison Group
- Boardwalk Hotel Group – Eastern Shore Wine Trail
Now that you have seen a couple of the available wineries and breweries you can plan on visiting one or even a couple in order to amplify your vacation here to Ocean City, MD. You might also want to take in the other festivities that Ocean City has to offer including some of the funniest comedians at the Princess Royale comedy club. The area has such much to do you might have to come back several times to get your fill.
Article written by Wendy
(Photo by andrein via Flickr)