- Kyrenia – The Northern Cyprus town of Kyrenia is best known for its historic harbor and castle.
- Kyrenia Mountains – If you’re looking for some great outdoors time, hiking these mountains are sure to feed your wanderlust, as they offer brilliant views as far as the eye can see.
- Famagusta – A beautiful walled town with a vibrant nightlife and fantastic beaches.
- Morphu – An area known for being among the greenest areas on the island, surrounded by citrus trees. It’s also well-known for its local historic church and wistful town center.
- Nicosia – The split capital city is untouched by time, full of historic buildings and ancient city walls, with a vibrant and interesting city center.
- Lefke – A mountainous green region, known for being the gateway to the remote area of Dillirga.
- Eat and drink – In Kyrenia, you can snag the freshest catch straight off fishing boats that have just returned to see. You can also find a healthy amount of white wines and other local treats down around the harbor areas.
- All in all – Cyprus is an island paradise, set in the Mediterranean Sea offering relaxing beaches and resorts, and authentic food and wine, along with an complex history, and nearly endless attractions (like castles and ruins, hiking and adventure sports, and then there’s always Europe’s largest water theme park). If you plan on taking your family it may be worth booking a villa with VillaPlus.com.
- Oh, and – For more interesting things to do on Cyprus, read this article + and this one too.
Cyprus is an island south of Turkey, set in the Mediterranean Sea – it’s the third largest island in the Mediterranean, behind Sicily and Sardinia. Since gaining its independence from the United Kingdom in 1960, it has been known for a couple decades of unrest, ultimately splitting the island in two. However, the UN (United Nations) refuses to recognize the northern part of the island as the ‘Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus,’ instead referring to Cyprus only as the Republic of Cyprus. The unrest has mostly subsided for some time now. It’s become quite the traveler and vacationer haven nowadays, known for its beautiful beaches, vibrant blue waters, colorful culture, and interesting history.
Visiting Cyprus is often high on many travelers' ‘must see’ lists, but if you’re not quite sure of what to do and see on the island, have a look at these popular attractions:
Sign up for my VIP email list:
*Disclaimer: All blog posts featuring products, reviews, or suggestions for products or services are governed by our Disclosure. Products were received free to review, so to provide authentic opinions and content for our readers. The opinions and ideas in this post are the writer's own and are uninfluenced by any other person or business. We receive no compensation for product reviews. Links within non-product review posts may be sponsored.