It is China’s capital and largest city. It is also the heart of China’s politics, international intercourse and culture. It boasts of being the fastest changing modern city that exudes unmatched vigor. Beijing is among the top six ancient cities in the Chinese history, which played host to some of the Chinese dynasties such as Jin and Ming dynasties. Here are some of the must see sites in Beijing:
- Forbidden City – Located in the heart of Beijing, The Forbidden City served as the Chinese imperial palace for nearly 500 years. It housed the Qing Dynasty and the Ming Dynasty.
- Summer Palace
- Temple of Heaven – Also, literally known as Altar of heaven, Temple of Heaven is a complex comprising of tall religious buildings. It is located in Southeast of central Beijing.
The Great Wall of China
This is a historical wall made of bricks, stones, wood and tampered earth. It is located along China’s Northern borders. It was built for protecting the Chinese Empire against invasions by nomadic tribes who were a threat to the Chinese Empire.
This city used to be the former Changan City. Besides this city having served as China’s capital for more than 13 dynasties, it is also the biggest and most beautiful city in North- West China. Here are some of must see sites in Xian:
- Banpo Museum - this museum houses some of historical artifacts derived from different archaeological sites in Banpo. It is rated among the most popular tourist attraction sites in North-West China.
- Xian Great Mosque- it is China’s oldest mosque and Xian’s most popular attraction site. It is still a place of worship for the Chinese Muslims. It was built during Emperor Hongwu’s rein. He was the Emperor of Ming Dynasty.
- Huaqing Hot spring - it is a complex of several hot springs which are located at the foot of the popular Mount Li. These springs are approximately 25 kilometers from Xian city.
It boasts of being China’s largest metropolitan area. It is located in central- east China, adjacent to the Chinese Sea. Here are some of the important sites in this city:
- Shanghai Bund- this is a waterfront area which is located in Central Shanghai along the Huangpu River. It is characterized with beautiful historical building and elegant hotels.
- Shanghai Yuyuan Garden- it is an extensive garden which is located next to the City God Temple. It is a centerpiece of Shanghai’s tourism, thanks to the massive number of tourists who visit this garden every year.
by Janet Becker, a travel blogger who explore new places. She writes articles for blogs and websites during her free time. Currently, she is focusing on ESTA which is now useful for all travelers to the USA who plan to enter the country by air or sea.