Imagine you could be working while looking out over a warm blue sea instead of a grey, rainy town.
Tempting, isn’t it?
Here are 5 of the best ideas for those who want to run their business remotely.
- Web design – In today’s digital age, more and more people need the services of a website designer, and there is no need to have a permanent office in order to carry this out. All you require is your laptop, a good wi-fi connection and all of the relevant software that you need to use. This is a field that is only going to grow and grow, as trends are changing all of the time, for instance, nowadays most people require web design services because they need their website to be updated to suit mobile usage.
- Digital Marketing – Along with a good website businesses also need to market and promote their business online. Digital marketing, including search engine optimisation (SEO), Pay-per-Click (PPC) advertising and social media management, are essential tools that require specialist skills. If you already have experience in these fields then consider becoming a freelance technical SEO consultant or a social media manager. As with a web designer all you need is a laptop, a good wi-fi connection and relevant software to work from anywhere in the world.
- Tutoring – Nowadays, parents and students alike are embracing a wide scope of education methods. From online learning to extra classes, there are many different options that are available. You can take advantage of this by providing online tutoring. There are various choices you have at your disposal; you could teach one-on-one lessons at your home or you could offer online tutoring to students whereby all you require is an Internet connection and a computer.
- Transcription – Transcription is a service you can easily provide from the comfort of your own house, and there are many different fields you can delve into, be it medical transcription, legal transcription or something different. Medical transcriptionists are constantly in demand. You will listen to medical recordings and you will need to transcribe quickly and accurately. The same process applies when it comes to legal transcription, yet you will, of course, be dealing with legal documents.
- Consulting – Last but not least, more and more businesses are investing in the services that are offered by business consultants to help them through periods of transition. This is something you can do from your home so long as you have the relevant experience. You will need to set yourself up as an expert in your field via your online presence, i.e. through social media, LinkedIn, blogs, thought-leadership articles and your website.
Article written by Jo
(Photo by gauthierdelecroix via Flickr)