Those citizens who belong to the “Visa Waiver countries” are also obligated to apply for this particular U.S travel authorization so that standard screening allows them to become eligible to enter the borders of the United States legally. The ESTA is used for collecting the biographic and other information about the travelers which helps in screening them in a more efficient manner.
The list of the countries falling under the “ESTA Visa Waiver Program” is available at the www.e-visa-usa.com, for the ease of the travelers. The applicants of ESTA must remember that it is merely an authorization and not equivalent to a visa in any way. However, through this travel authorization the visitors will be able to reach to their destinations in America without any hassle.
About the ESTA application form
The ESTA online application form has been developed to keep it concise, effective and time efficient. Therefore, the entire procedure of filling up the form which is available at https://www.e-visa-usa.com, does not take more than ten minutes at the most. Once filled and submitted online, the applicant will be notified via mail within twenty-four hours of the submission of the form. The decision of this authorization does not depend on whether the travelers have booked flights or hotels in US. All applicants including the ‘first time applicants’ of ESTA authorization must ensure to submit their online forms at least seventy-two hours before their departure.
Benefits offered by ESTA
- ESTA is especially helpful for those travelling for business, tourism or medical reasons to US from the Visa Waiver Countries, as it will ensure safe and trouble free travelling for them for the allowed time
- It has minimal response time
- The entire process of application is paperless, sparing the applicants from the trouble of collecting documents, getting them attested, submitted and approved
- It does not require multiple interviews for processing at various stages
- Every step from start till the end can be managed online by simply filling out the ESTA USA VISA online application
- Upon approval it can be used for entering the border of USA multiple times; however, this stay cannot not exceed ninety days
- The approved ESTA is valid for two years; however, if the passport of the applicant expires earlier than two years, ESTA will become invalid
Article written by Kashif
(Photo by good_day via Flickr)