Please understand that I absolutely love what I do. Being able to spend my precious time on this earth, experiencing it to the fullest and having the ability to share these experiences with you is an absolute dream come true. I always write with the hope that I am inspiring my reader’s lives for the better. I do what I can to continue to follow my dreams and to share my experiences with you. I will never take a chance on jeopardizing the trust of our personal connection and special relationship with me and my reader base.
Traveling the world is expensive. Extremely expensive. And without traveling, my writing and content would be beyond stale, fake, and forced. I started out by spending all of my own money. I spent my life savings being able to travel enough to get Eye & Pen started. I also spent all of my own money building and cultivating this website, as well as have and continue to pay its server bills.
So, with that said, this is my unorthodox Statement of Disclosure:
- Sometimes I am invited to take a tour or stay or eat somewhere for free – usually I don’t even know who is providing me these amenities. I often partner with various companies and tourist boards to help fund my traveling and this website. However, all content is written or approved by me. Where there is no immediate disclosure message in a post, then the post is written by me and 100% of the opinions are expressed by me, without influence.
- All products and services directly mentioned within the content of this website (excluding sidebar imagery advertisements) are actually supported by me – 99% of the time, they are products that I actually use and recommend myself. Otherwise, all blog posts featuring products, reviews, or suggestions for products or services are a part of this disclosure. Products are received free to review, so to provide authentic opinions and content for our readers. The opinions and ideas in these type of posts are the writer's own and are uninfluenced by any other person or business. We receive no compensation for product reviews. Links within non-product review posts may be sponsored.
- Sometimes I am unable to disclose the link between a sponsorship through my Twitter posts, however I always do the best I can to be as upfront and honest as possible.
- All giveaways are free promotions on the website, solely offered as a gift to the readers of Eye & Pen. 90% of the time, I am the one that sought out a partnership with a company to provide a special discount or free package for my readers. I receive no funding from these kind of promotions – unless otherwise noted within the Guidelines and Rules section of the giveaway.
- At times, I accept sponsorships on various sections of the website, as these relationships help to fund Eye & Pen’s website and my travel content the absolute most. If there are ever posts that are sponsored, they are always disclosed at the bottom of the page.
- I prefer to work with non-profit government tourist agencies, as their mission is to promote tourism, with the goals of boosting the lively hood of the local people. I will always choose to forge relationships with non-profit agencies. Occasionally, I work with for-profit companies like airlines, hotels, or various third-parties. If that’s the case, I will always disclose the connection of the relationship.
- At no time have I ever been told what to write, nor would I ever honor such a request if I were asked.
- If you ever have a question about a tweet, post, promotion or about the authenticity of something, please feel free to ask me anytime.